Radio up grade help needed

Ladge

I have 1994 disco, the radio is the original fitted radio cassette, I have volume up down, seek, and mode buttons on the dash below the Speedo, I want to fit a newer cd radio but the fitment of a standard cd radio doesn’t have facility to use the original dash buttons as before, can anyone tell me if there is a fitting out there I can use to allow this.

You will find that some Radio/CD head units have a socket that will take the plug in your wiring loom which drives the functions.

However - Please be aware that (with the greatest of respect to your Disco) that head unit technology has moved on significantly since your unit was built and are far more likely NOT to be able to respond to the (now rather crude in electronics terms) switches on your car.

You may get lucky - but it will be just that!

I suggest you make sure you have some reassurance on this point before deploying the PayPal.................... :unsure:

You will find that some Radio/CD head units have a socket that will take the plug in your wiring loom which drives the functions.

However - Please be aware that (with the greatest of respect to your Disco) that head unit technology has moved on significantly since your unit was built and are far more likely NOT to be able to respond to the (now rather crude in electronics terms) switches on your car.

You may get lucky - but it will be just that!

I suggest you make sure you have some reassurance on this point before deploying the PayPal.................... :unsure:

Wise advise! i went down this road a few years ago, and it was more trouble than it was worth,

just stick to a good head unit and forget the switches ;)

Wise words guys, I thought I might be asking allot due to the age of the car, radio works fine but sound reproduction not up to much by today’s standards. Buttons will have to go for a good sound system.

Just heading out so will leave you to do a search, but...

I am sure I've seen head units that accept a remote/wireless steering wheel controls that you can stick/screw/velcro onto your steering wheel. Not sure if the remote came with the head unit, or if some head units will accept a universal remote. Seen them in the flesh, not on the web,

If I didn't then I've just invented it, rememeber you heard it here first :D

Just an idea.

I have a Blaupunkt Woodstock DA52, it has an infrared receiver plugged

into the back, the actual receiver is double side taped to the instument

binnacle.

The controller an RC10 is secured to the steering wheel with a rubber strap

It's on my works Passat, but you get the idea.post-19177-126883657297_thumb.jpg