300tdi alternator heat shield spacers

I want to fit the heat shield to the alternator on my 300tdi. I bought the heat shield but it came without the required spacers and the local dealer does not stock the spacers. Has anybody bought them recently online? If so, could I please have the part number? They seem to be rather elusive.

in the Defender parts section of microcat it doesn't show the spacers as seperate parts, only as part of the alternator body bolts.

BUT

in the Discovery 300tdi alternator it list the spacers as ERR5189 x 3 & you'll need Nuts M5 FN105047L x 3 too.

My alternator doesn't have any spacers fitted between the alternator body and the heat shield..... None fitted when I bought it... In fact until I read your post I wasn't aware that they were fitted...

On the inside of my heat shield I have stuck a piece of a body insulation pad.

Also the wires are covered in Spirewrap. Then the dipstick tube is covered with a piece pf plastic fuel pipe to stop the wires chafing on that.

Mine hasn't even got the heat shield! Wasn't on it when I bought it and not got round to sorting it yet.

Am I doing any serious harm?

Malcolm

In a cool country like the UK maybe not....However my wiring has suffered from the heat.