Digital Maps of Ireland Wanted

We are going to Ireland camping in the Summer and I would like to stray off the tarmac a bit.

Does anyone know where I can get a set of 1:25000 or 1:50000 digital maps preferably compatible with Memory Map ? Preferably without paying too much.

(I have looked at the Ordnance Survey of Ireland site and completely fail to understand how much anything from their Geolives people will cost, clearly great marketing- subscribe for 15 of our european tokens and we will let you buy some stuff for another pile of tokens of unknown size)

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Richard

I think that you'll struggle to find an electronic version of OS maps for Ireland. I havnt found a decent one yet. As to getting off tarmac, there arent byways and greenlanes over here like in the UK. Saying that though the roads are so poor that they in some places might as well be offroad!

H

I think that you'll struggle to find an electronic version of OS maps for Ireland. I havnt found a decent one yet. As to getting off tarmac, there arent byways and greenlanes over here like in the UK. Saying that though the roads are so poor that they in some places might as well be offroad!

H

????

why? i have a full set running on ozi explorer and they are every bit as good as the paper ones.

where area are you camping?

Thanks for that, we (my wife informs me) will be somehwere around Cork and the South-West.

I have OziExplorer too, but have not used it yet, though expect to do so when we go further afield. So do you know where I can get a copy of whatever maps you use in OziExplorer ?

Regards

Richard

Thanks. I am not sure we will have time to get up to Connemara on this trip, but I am keen to explore the west coast at some time, as my ancestors come from Sligo, and I have good friends in the North as well.

PM sent re OziExplorer.

Regards

Richard

Do you have the maps now for Ozi?

I have both the topo maps and the roadmaps, together around 600Mb

I can put it on a server where you could download it

Alternative to Ozi would be NDRIVE, this is a TomTom style navigator that runs on pda and pc

Henk