200tdi from disco to defender

hello i have fitted a 200 di from a disco to my defender just started using it and noticed that its running close to the red but the engine doesnt seem overly hot .what id like to no is.is the 200 tdi sender compatible to the original turbo diesal guage .hope you can help many thanks. Tom

hello i have fitted a 200 di from a disco to my defender just started using it and noticed that its running close to the red but the engine doesnt seem overly hot .what id like to no is.is the 200 tdi sender compatible to the original turbo diesal guage .hope you can help many thanks. Tom

I have also done this conversion. I fitted the TD sender to it. When well warmed up, the gauge is near the top of the white segment, worrying at first, but shows no sign of being overhot, just as you say. Perhaps the more central mounting point on the TD engine gives a more "average" block temp. whereas mounted near the thermostat housing is the hottest part thus a high reading? Perhaps the way to go is as Western suggests - 200tdi Defender sender. I think I will try that myself!