Odd Nanocom question

GL88

I'm considering permanently mounting my Nanocom in a Mud Pod so I can use the instrument function in daily driving. The easiest way to do this looks to be to use longer screws in place of the four on the front round the display (and preferably black countersunk and socket headed). Can any helpful soul tell me the thread I need, please?

TIA

I'd really appreciate knowing the answer to this - assuming the screws don't have an odd thread. I've tried matching them with computer screws in Maplins (hardly the hardware capital of the world) without success. The thread is 2.91 mm gross diameter and appears to be quite fine pitch.

Depending on my IT skills here is a completely unnecessary picture...

post-7804-127048167039_thumb.jpg

I'd really appreciate knowing the answer to this - assuming the screws don't have an odd thread. I've tried matching them with computer screws in Maplins (hardly the hardware capital of the world) without success. The thread is 2.91 mm gross diameter and appears to be quite fine pitch.

Depending on my IT skills here is a completely unnecessary picture...

They're about 7/64" (unknown thread) or 6BA. Not sure which of these are 50 tpi, like yours, but google is your friend ..

Most computer screws are an American size, #6-32 coarse. Commonly called 'hard drive screws' or 'case screws'.

For some reason it became prevalent in the industry to start using M3 screws for optical drives and the like, and some more modern case manufacturers are starting to use M3 elsewhere (holding the case sides on etc.).

My Lian Li based PC has M3 screws in the optical drives and other things mounted in the 5 1/2" bays such as the water-cooling controllers etc. and #6-32 in the HDDs, although they are mounted in a caddy which mounts to the case via M3s.

All good fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps. I ordered M3 and it is the right thread. And the black csk socket heads are pretty enough to be ideal for mounting stuff into the Mud Pod.

I'm planning to mount the NanoCom, SatNav and a digital LED display. Now all I need to find is someone to supply clear red plastic sheet to cover the LED.