DVLA body and engine info needed

Hi, hoping you can help.

I'm trying to rebuild a Series III I bought a number of years ago (which has sat at a farm since then).

It's a 2.25 diesel with a pick-up cab.

Problem is, I want to fit a 200TDI. How should I go about filling this out on the log book? The Direct Gov website says I need "written evidence" but I want to do the conversion myself, so won't have anything written.

Is it easier to just put a new engine number down instead?

My 2nd bigger problem is looking over the log book, it says

D.3 Body type STANDEE BUS

I'm not even sure what one of these is, but its definitely an 88" pickup truck cab as it stands now. Should I worry about this, leave it or change it to something else, or am I just making things difficult for my self?

Thanks in advance.

the body type is clearly incorrect, a photo of the vehicle & chassis number plate & a certificate from Gaydon Archives would be sufficent to correct that bit to change it to 4x4 light utility, as for the engine change, some years ago, before my 110, I fitted a different engine into the car I had & asked the local garage to check it over, write me a short report to say it was fitted safely & with that, amended the V5 & sent it all to DVLA, got a updated V5 backafter a few weeks, keep copies of all letters/documents as a back up.

this is a standee bus, has capacity for certain number of passengers to stand while on board.

post-20-127049935722_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the replies.

Might have a re-think on the project.

As for the Standee Bus class, it makes me wonder. I'm lead to believe the Series III was used at a shooting ground of some kind, I wonder if it was used to transport shooters in the back while standing, so it makes me think that maybe they were forced to change the body type to bus....

Cheers for the replies.

Might have a re-think on the project.

As for the Standee Bus class, it makes me wonder. I'm lead to believe the Series III was used at a shooting ground of some kind, I wonder if it was used to transport shooters in the back while standing, so it makes me think that maybe they were forced to change the body type to bus....

possible, but if it was only ever used on private ground & never drove on public highways a change of body type for that use wouldn't have made any difference.

Is it easier to just put a new engine number down instead?

No - they will still demand written evidence from the garage who did the conversion. Home mechanics do not fall into their equation. :rolleyes:

You'll have to resort to getting it inspected by a garage who then will produce a letter that you can send off with the V5C attached.

Problem is, I want to fit a 200TDI. How should I go about filling this out on the log book? The Direct Gov website says I need "written evidence" but I want to do the conversion myself, so won't have anything written.

Try the company who sold you the 200Tdi to write you an invoice with engine number for it and send this to the DVLA. Worked for me last time.

the body type is clearly incorrect, a photo of the vehicle & chassis number plate & a certificate from Gaydon Archives would be sufficent to correct that bit to change it to 4x4 light utility, as for the engine change, some years ago, before my 110, I fitted a different engine into the car I had & asked the local garage to check it over, write me a short report to say it was fitted safely & with that, amended the V5 & sent it all to DVLA, got a updated V5 backafter a few weeks, keep copies of all letters/documents as a back up.

this is a standee bus, has capacity for certain number of passengers to stand while on board.

No, thats a bus with standees.

A standee bus is an old type of passenger transport that has standing passengers only.

Could be that the vehicle was either origionally a type of works transport or a inner city bus with standing passengers only so it is possable it could be correct or has had a body change.

If its a bus it will also have the passenger capacity on the log book.