How do you check the transmission oil level.

kingdong2

Hi everyone.

i have just bought a disco 2 td5 auto 03 plate, anyway yesterday after picking her up from burnley lancs driving to wythenshawe manchester then having a drive round the transmission temp light flashed up a couple of times it only does it when i sometimes set off from lights or going up inclines i have looked for a transmission dipstick under the bonnet but can't find one is there one and how do i check it please.

graham

03 plate d 2 td5 auto es.

1997 disco 1 300 tdi.

You sure about that Les ? its an auto ?

the dipstick should be to the rear of the engine , with the handbrake and foot brake on start the engine and cycle the box through P-R-N-D and back to P leave ticking over and dip in the normal way..

cheers

Steveb

You sure about that Les ? its an auto ?

the dipstick should be to the rear of the engine , with the handbrake and foot brake on start the engine and cycle the box through P-R-N-D and back to P leave ticking over and dip in the normal way..

cheers

Steveb

Hi steveb

looked all round the engine bay and can't find the tranny dipstick any ideas where it is its a td5 auto.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e s.

97 d1 300 tdi man.

do you need to have the engine running to check the level of the transmission or can you just go through the gears with the solector and end up in the park position switch off and remove the level plug and top up as req'd.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e.s.

97 d1 300 tdi man.