pto winch 300tdi

Hi all

I'm a newbie, so please go easy with me

I’m the proud owner of a 130 Station Wagon with a 300tdi engine transformed by Foley’s, I’m asking for some information regarding a PTO Winch, does anyone have one for sale or know here I can find one?

Have saw a few on Ebay but they are or for series or TD5, I have been told the TD5 don’t fit because of the different gear box location, can someone please let me know if is possible fir one from a series?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Hi again

Manage to find another PTO winch only 100 yards from my house :)

The owner doesn’t know/ remember from what Defender that had come from, because was a old friend that had give him the pto, during the time he had a 110 300tdi but he never try to fit it. So I have manage a good deal

After giving a good look (already in my garage) to try to find any ref on the PTO or winch I have found

Winch - Serial No 525/*550

PTO – is marked 6440/525 by hand and the casing number is 5407

My question is can someone please let me know if will fit my 300tdi, pictures are welcome too

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi again

After spend some time looking with more time to the winch find that I will need a new cable before fit it to the LR, so after remove the roller fairlead (and find that one of the bolts was broken another think to solve later) find this situation

post-21815-127228910316_thumb.jpg

Now I have a question. Should the drum rotate easy?

If not how can I engage the Winch?

Have a leak from this place and a broken mount.

post-21815-127228908721_thumb.jpg

From the manual I will need to remove the Allen screw (that I manage to do) and after that the black plastic cap how????

post-21815-127228906762_thumb.jpg

Just call Superwinch and they don’t have any spares parts, does anyone know where to find parts?

Can someone recomend any place around Coventry

The first picture is the dog clutch which engages the winch or allows it to freespool, in your picture the winch is in freespool so should turn easily. Sliding the two parts together engages the drive.

Spare parts wise, there are only about 3 moving parts and they don't really go wrong, so aside from seals/bearings/nuts/bolts (all available from industrial suppliers) there's not really anything else to it. You're best off having a search, starting with the tech archive, as I'm sure this setup has been covered in great detail before, probably by Nige (hybrid_from_hell).

The situation is I can't make the connection,

Do you think I need to find someone with a press machine and have the drum removed from the shaft?

Or assembly the winch and try to release the drum when making the test?

Sorry be so upsetting but I don’t want make any mistakes / damage

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all advise

I can remove the dog clutch 5 by and hand.

drum 14 and drum shaft 16 don’t move so I have spray some WD40, but I will put this in diesel as advised

Have already someone change the bearing 40? Leaking heavily

what is the way to remove cap 35

Thanks in advance

post-21815-127230344696_thumb.gif

post-21815-127230346892_thumb.gif

Manage to separate the drum from the shaft with a hydraulic puller (fantastic piece of kit) that I already put on my list of tools to buy

After a good clean and some sand paper the drum rolls as it should.

Now I have a question should I put any kind of grease like copper grease between the shaft and drum or something like I already read somewhere on the forum the "one-shot "

Superwinch have send a manual for my Winch and PTO, could someone from admin add this on

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=16479

Is for a 525 and a 6440 PTO

Land Rover 525 Kit 6440.pdf

Thanks in advance for any advise

Now I have a question should I put any kind of grease like copper grease between the shaft and drum or something like I already read somewhere on the forum the "one-shot "

Please some advise, i'm trying to assembly the winch over this long weekend :rolleyes:

Thanks