Swapping front springs

Hi all,

Can anybody give me a procedure for changing the front springs on my 90.

I have HD Terrafirmas on the rear and Bearmach blue springs on the front, I want to swap them round (just to see if it stops the wallowing on corners) and if so I will get some more HD ones.

I swapped the rears myself as they were easy enough but the fronts look a little more complicated..due to the shock absorbers, im sure its not as difficult as Im thinking it might be but hoped there might be a procedure available somewhere.

many thanks

Neil

Hi

unbolt the 4 nuts holding the shock tower in place and the lower shock nut then remove both together.jack under chassis so the axle stays on the ground then remove the springs(you may need spring compressors),then just replace.

Hi

unbolt the 4 nuts holding the shock tower in place and the lower shock nut then remove both together.jack under chassis so the axle stays on the ground then remove the springs(you may need spring compressors),then just replace.

put the chass on a axle stand so you have space to lower the axle, remove the shock as described, then with the jack under the axle lower until the spring can be removed, no need for spring compressors.

thank you all, its how i thought but im glad i got confirmation.

im aware it will drive a bit pants but its just to see if different springs on the front stop me feeling like jonah inside his whale when cornering.

thank you all, i'll give it a go.

(if it stops raining)

neil.