78 RRC reconditioned PAS box - source

Gazzar

Good day all,

A customer of mine needs a new/reconditioned PAS box in his (very tidy) '78 classic.

As this is a job I don't want to do twice I'm keen to find out the best place go obtain the box.

Pices vary from 600 or so from Rimmers to 200 from Paddocks. Adwest in Reading UK are about 400 inc VAT and postage.

I've heard of some bad experiences with some suppliers, and was keen to get concensus from those who know the most (ie: You guys!).

So, what's hot & what's not!

G.

I would hope the £600 one is brand new.

AFAIK a '78 model will be a 3-bolt type. I'd be a little surprised if Paddocks stocked those, recon or otherwise, as they must be fairly uncommon these days.

I would trust Adwest, they are the manufacturers of these boxes after all.

Be very very careful, you get what you pay for. My independent fitted a 'recon' box a few years ago (from an outlet he had previously used) & it failed it's next MOT due to the 'box leaking, even though the RR had only done 4k in that year! Had a run in with the suppliers, got my money back but they would'nt re-emburse the labour. Adwest sounds the best bet here.

Be very very careful, you get what you pay for. My independent fitted a 'recon' box a few years ago (from an outlet he had previously used) & it failed it's next MOT due to the 'box leaking, even though the RR had only done 4k in that year! Had a run in with the suppliers, got my money back but they would'nt re-emburse the labour. Adwest sounds the best bet here.

Thank you both.

I must admit my Gut feel is to go with Adwest. They responded fast to my email, and seemed to know what they were about.

Given the logistics, based in Ireland, I don't want to mess my customer about, and pennywise, pound foolish is something I try to avoid if I can.

G.