Radius Arm Problem

Now then...

New to posting here but i have found many topics on here very useful, thanks.

Anyway,i drive a Defender 90 300tdi '96 and my right side radius arm has pushed up against the axle mounting bracket. It seems to have happened after either going to full articulation or after hitting a furrow at high speed in a stubble field... i have been driving with it like this for a few months and have possibly noticed some unpredictable handling when pushing it abit but this may just be me imagining it or just Land Rover handling characteristics. I have loosened the bolts and pushed it back central however after a short drive it goes straight back. The left side is unaffected. Is this a problem, and if so what do you think has damaged to cause this? the radius arm is not bent and the bushes seem fine.

post-9164-127435819624_thumb.jpg

post-9164-127435821095_thumb.jpg

i have added pictures, hopefully they work.

cheers, Will

from the picture it looks like you bush has gone. If you take the radius arm off you will be able to have a proper look at it.

obviously to fix it you just need to get it replaced

cheers, i will remove tomorrow and have a better look. what would I be looking for, I have looked for the usual perishing of the rubber when i checked before but there was none of this?

Thanks again

Will

thanks for the replys, good thing is everyone seems to think its the bushes, which is easy replacement. My worry was that soemthing on the outrigger or axle could be bent. Shall replace both bushes and see what happens.

Thanks again

Will