TD5 Fuel Pump for RV8

No on the pump but the tank will be fine.

However, you can always fit a suitable Discovery or P38 pump from a plastic tank vehicle instead. They are a straight replacement for the TD5 one unless you have a 90, in which case you'll need to shorten the support struts on the pump by an inch or so.

Thanks for the quick reply Dave. Thats cool because i havent bought the pump yet but do have the td5 plastic tank.. Its a 110 i have so i take it the pumps that you mentioned will go straight in? Thanks

N4S

You'll be pleased to hear that the V8 pumps are much cheaper than the TD5 one then :)

I'm pretty sure the 110 tank is the same depth as a Discovery tank. If it is shallower (like the 90 tank) then it's not difficult to mod it to shorten it. Avoid the 4.0 Thor pump as that, as well as being more expensive, has a built in pressure regulator with no return pipe. The older 3.9/4.0 Disco pump (pre-Thor) but plastic tank should be a straight fit, if your tank doesn't come with them you'll also need a locking ring and the big rubber gasket.

The fuel level sender matches the TD5 Defender gauge.

There is also a Discovery fitting that uses an external pump (300TDi Disco with plastic tank I think). The "pump" is simply a level sender unit with two pipes running into it but it also has the swirl pot at the bottom that the pump versions have.

I can dig out a part number for the pump I used later in the week if it helps.

You'll be pleased to hear that the V8 pumps are much cheaper than the TD5 one then smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the 110 tank is the same depth as a Discovery tank. If it is shallower (like the 90 tank) then it's not difficult to mod it to shorten it. Avoid the 4.0 Thor pump as that, as well as being more expensive, has a built in pressure regulator with no return pipe. The older 3.9/4.0 Disco pump (pre-Thor) but plastic tank should be a straight fit, if your tank doesn't come with them you'll also need a locking ring and the big rubber gasket.

There is also a Discovery fitting that uses an external pump (300TDi Disco with plastic tank I think). The "pump" is simply a level sender unit with two pipes running into it but it also has the swirl pot at the bottom that the pump versions have.

Thanks Dave, a part number would be a great help. Which one of the above pumps did you opt for?

• 3 weeks later...

You'll be pleased to hear that the V8 pumps are much cheaper than the TD5 one then smile.gif

Just wondered if you managed to lay your hands on a part no for me as obviously my 110 parts book is no use... wink.gif