Hi, drop arm ball joint and radius arm bushes

Hi, just noticed my drop arm ball joint has gone and the front radius arm bushes have to making the steering interesting.

I have been doing some reading and it seems the front arms are easy to take off and change the bushes - just burn / drill them out and press the new ones in with a vice but any idea which bush to go for?

Also how do you change this ball joint? i have read its really difficult to take it off the steering pump so am going to try and do it in situ is this possible?

thank in advance just want to know if i should attempt it myself really...

cheers

Will

anyone have any for sale ? :)

Yes the drop arm ball joint is not too bad to do in situ- getting the arm off is a pain so don't bother........

I tried getting it off once and did serious damages afterwards. Best get it done insitu as Mmarker suggests!!!

Milemarker Type S, on 21 June 2010 - 09:24 AM, said:

Yes the drop arm ball joint is not too bad to do in situ- getting the arm off is a pain so don't bother........

I tried getting it off once and did serious damages afterwards. Best get it done insitu as Mmarker suggests!!!

Or do what I've done and do away with the drop arm and ball joint and replace it with a solid disco 1 drop arm and it saves mucking about in future as it now takes me 10 minutes to change a track rod end rather than the 3 hours to muck about with the drop arm ball joint

HTH

John

hi john do you have a picture i dont understand. what end is noe on your track rod then?

oh are these buches any good for radius arms?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Polybush-Front-Radius-Arms-Axle-Blue-Bush-Kit-/180513514443?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0771a3cb

i dont want them falling apart after 10k odd miles and challenge events i do as i need reliability. i would go with standard ones but cant press them in myself

thanks in advance