One Ton Pto - price indication?

Finn

Hi Guys,

I have got a one ton PTO unit, which is kind of rare. At least that is what I am told.

Has anyone a price indication for me, as I might want to sell it.

It is only the pto gearbox, good condition, clean unit.

I have never seen one of these sold before.. that is why I ask here.

Hope this does not offend anyone.

Cheers,

Finn

Well I've never seen a 1 tonne truck - that'll give you some idea of the very limited market for this!

I have seen 1 tonne PTO's before - usually becasue someone picks them up thinking they fit an ordinary series when they actaully dont!

i suspect these days that the PTO's are less rare than the trucks to bolt them to are!

Jon

Well the first question is have you got the missing bits (ie engagement dog and selector). Without these its about as much use as a paperweight regardless of what it fits.

Looks like its had the mounting holes re-drilled to clock it round a bit for better ground clearance. Not sure what the difference between 1 tonne and standard series is to be honest - I believe the only difference is in the length of the engagement dog as the gears on the 1 tonne transfer box are a different thickness IIRC.

I seem to recall that a 1 tonne PTo will bolt onto a standard series transfer box, but its only when you try to engage it you find that it wont work cos you end up with a gap between the back of the input gear and the front of the PTO input. Might be wrong however......

Either way as I said before - if you havnt got the missing bits its practicaly worthless.

Jon

I could be wrong but I remember some old boy telling me 1-ton tx boxes used straight-cut gears, not sure that affects the PTO though. Cosmetically at least that looks the same as a "normal" Series PTO I had for a while so it may be a case of needing to track down the correct engagement dog. Easiest way to do that I think would be to buy a Series rear-facing PTO as they seem to go for not much (<£50) at Sodbury last time I looked (which was a while ago admittedly).

I could be wrong but I remember some old boy telling me 1-ton tx boxes used straight-cut gears, not sure that affects the PTO though. Cosmetically at least that looks the same as a "normal" Series PTO I had for a while so it may be a case of needing to track down the correct engagement dog. Easiest way to do that I think would be to buy a Series rear-facing PTO as they seem to go for not much (<£50) at Sodbury last time I looked (which was a while ago admittedly).

If anyone has a series PTO, I'd buy it.. gave mine to a friend recently :S And he is off to Africa at the moment :blink:

post-20584-127781186602_thumb.jpg