Wheels & Tyres

Andy

IIRC the recommended width is 8.5-10in for BFGs in that size

I use them on 8x15 white 8 spokes as do dozens if not hundreds of people here with no problems at all

ordinary white 8 spokes ex Southam Tyres, not sure what the actual offset measurement is though sorry

cheers for that lads, i thought i might get away with 8" but wasnt sure. doesnt seem to be many 10" rims listed when you look for wheels.

i want silly offset to save buying spacers as well it'd probably save me money doing it that way.

You could always go for a set of Mach5's and then you can have any offset you want, at a price!! :D

I went the spacer route, using a set from Scorpion (get a set that have been safety tested and have the centering lugs on them), and if it's wheel bearings you're worried about then in the 4 or 5 years I've had mine fitted I've not had a problem with the bearings, although I do keep them well greased and check at normal service intervals. ;)

Snow06.jpg

you have to make your own brackets for the intercooler & the pipework needs extending too. did it in an evening though. only problem i had was the bottom pipe blowing off when i turned the boost up. a quick scrub of sandpaper made the pipe on the cooler rough enough to grip on & no more problems.

im not really sure on the effect on performance as i tweaked the boost & pump within a day or so of fitting the intercooler. however now im running 18psi boost & lots of fuel it goes rather well. climbs hills in 5th that it used to struggle in 4th. when you also know im running 235/85s so its overgeared by about 14% you see how much its improved the car.

the tweaking is easy enough if you have several good reads of the thread in the archive. the only two problems i had where once i took the max fuel screw out to remove the steel collar i lost count of the turns so took ages to get that right again & if you wind the boost up i found you have to turn the diaphram almost back to standard to reduce smoke on pickup.

just do it gradually & back it off if you dont like the smoke. oh & keep notes of what you've done. it took me a few weeks before i left it alone & i havent touched it since.

the tweaking is easy enough if you have several good reads of the thread in the archive. the only two problems i had where once i took the max fuel screw out to remove the steel collar i lost count of the turns so took ages to get that right again & if you wind the boost up i found you have to turn the diaphram almost back to standard to reduce smoke on pickup.

just do it gradually & back it off if you dont like the smoke. oh & keep notes of what you've done. it took me a few weeks before i left it alone & i havent touched it since.

Andy

I m running 36"x12.5-15 on 15x8 with 41/4" BS from American Racing Wheels

http://www.gulfcoastrovers.com/rovers/arwhl/15x8/

Of course i had to limit the steering as the overall width of this tyre is 13.2"

But for the 12.5" BFG a 15x8 should do with minimum steering limitation.

These wheels are excellent in terms of what you pay for. $50 a piece.

Cheers