Where to go near Stroud?

I have a new weekend job (B+Q) to help pay the bills, but it does mean that Land Rovering has been somewhat limited for the past few months. With the bank holiday coming up, I really fancy going and doing some playing. I have thought about laning, but I feel really guilty about tearing anything up, so tend to stay with the really easy stuff. I really fancy going to an offroad site somewhere not too far from here (Stroud - just north of Bristol) and was wondering whether anybody had any recomendations? I thought about Tom's farm, but that is a hell of a long way on Bronchos for a days playing.

Cheers,

Keir.

Keir , Our local club are doing a run out on Sunday around south Bristol / Bath area .

Just a mornings laning on byways (not rupps) , Nothing to challenging but what the hell its local and gets you out of the house .

Cheers Jase

Mr Trodden and I have driven most of the lanes around Bath, Bristol, Warminster and up towards Cirencester. We're basically looking for a private site somewhere where we can slip them £15-£20, go into a corner on our own and get properly stuck for the day.

I'll bear you in mind for the next time I fancy some laning though!

• 2 weeks later...
....Stroud - just north of Bristol

Stroud, just? north of Sydney (NSW, Australia) is one of the best 4WD

areas within a couple of hours of home. :D

Lotsa tracks around Barrington Tops,

4wdAustralia - Barrington

But I would guess that the tracks are closed due to rain at the moment.

There's also the Watagans; LROC - TuffTrip Watagans

Just 40km east to the dunes of Stockton beach

4wdAustralia-Stockton Beach

LROC - Basic Driver Training

ttfn

Matthew

I have a new weekend job (B+Q) to help pay the bills, but it does mean that Land Rovering has been somewhat limited for the past few months. With the bank holiday coming up, I really fancy going and doing some playing. I have thought about laning, but I feel really guilty about tearing anything up, so tend to stay with the really easy stuff. I really fancy going to an offroad site somewhere not too far from here (Stroud - just north of Bristol) and was wondering whether anybody had any recomendations? I thought about Tom's farm, but that is a hell of a long way on Bronchos for a days playing.

Cheers,

Keir.

Keir,

Have you tried the site at Minety? Its usually open on the last Sunday of each month and has been developed over the past 6 mths. It has has mixture of tight circuits in the woods, a few bomb holes full of water and PLENTY of sticky mud. Been well and truely stuck several times along with many other 4x4's. It can take about an hour to go around if you decide to take on all the challenges, especially the long drag up the far field. Looks easy but guaranteed you will need winching out! Cost is about £15 IIRC.

Be prepared to spend some significant time cleaning your vehicle afterwards, the clay is really sticky.

Nigel