Dust proofing a D1

Sabre

My 300 TDi draws in a lot of dust when I travel off-road. The rear door seal looks past it's "sell by" date, and needs to be replaced. The car has, however, never been very dust tight, even when the rear door seal looked new.

Any suggestions or other possible areas of dust ingress that I can try and seal ?

Thanks in advance

JZ

Perhaps try adjusting the door latch on the pillar, if you move it further into the car when you close the door it will squish the seal a bit more, and hopefully seal better. I think they can be adjusted on these, you can on most cars.

If your car lets in dust then water must be a pain! :lol:

Perhaps try adjusting the door latch on the pillar, if you move it further into the car when you close the door it will squish the seal a bit more, and hopefully seal better. I think they can be adjusted on these, you can on most cars.

If your car lets in dust then water must be a pain! :lol:

I'm in South Africa. What's this water thing you're talking about ? :D

I'm in South Africa. What's this water thing you're talking about ? :D

It's a bit like the stuff that comes out of the kitchen tap, but it falls from the sky :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have it on good authority it snowed in Jo'burg at least once in the last two years 25 months <_<

My 300 TDi draws in a lot of dust when I travel off-road. The rear door seal looks past it's "sell by" date, and needs to be replaced. The car has, however, never been very dust tight, even when the rear door seal looked new.

Any suggestions or other possible areas of dust ingress that I can try and seal ?

Thanks in advance

JZ

Had the same problem after a trip to the Sahara. Lots of fine sand - everywhere!

My solution?

1. Buy a new Door Seal (about £50)

2. Adjusted both latch position and moved the top of the door towards the car, and the bottom edge out - by playing with the hinges. The 2 x hinges are fixed to the car on free-moving plates. There's a fair amount of adjustment - definately a 2 man job though...