200Tdi servicing

My 93 110 200 Tdi has done 197 000 miles and I would obviously like it to do 197 000 more!

What sort of service intervals should I be using for a engine with this mileage?

Air filter

Engine oil

Transfer box oil?

Diff oil?

(I'm aware that both the above may or may not exist! I do know that I have to put more oil in some parts of the drive train!)

Coolant

Glow plugs

Oil filter

Anything else I have forgotten?

Bearing in mind I am running on 50 - 70% diesel and the rest SVO

An another thing... checking the speedometer against initially other traffic, then traffic speed indicators, then my GPS, it seems to be indicating 12 to 13% faster than it is actually travelling.

Presumably some change in the gearbox ratio or something as some point in it's chequered and unscrupulous past.

I'm expecting that this also means that:

a) the odometer is also out - by 12 to 13000 miles per 100000 miles, so it hasn't actually done 197 K! Cool!

b) any mpg calculations based on the odometer are not actually as good as they seem. Not so good then.

Am I right?

Cheers,

Simon

Autodata only goes up to 108,000 miles. I would guess you would go for a full service and then the usual intervals every 6000 miles.

The full service list is quite comprehensive and includes all checks as well as fluids (79 checks, etc)

Les.

An another thing... checking the speedometer against initially other traffic, then traffic speed indicators, then my GPS, it seems to be indicating 12 to 13% faster than it is actually travelling.

Presumably some change in the gearbox ratio or something as some point in it's chequered and unscrupulous past.

I'm expecting that this also means that:

a) the odometer is also out - by 12 to 13000 miles per 100000 miles, so it hasn't actually done 197 K! Cool!

b) any mpg calculations based on the odometer are not actually as good as they seem. Not so good then.

Am I right?

Not uncommon for the speed to read fast like that at all. I doubt anything has been changed. rather than a ratio change, it is possible that the speed drive pinion is incorrect.

Yes, your odometer will be out, and so will your MPG calculations. Bear in mind though when comparing, so will everybody elses, unless they know otherwise.

Luke

12% is about right for running 7.50 x 16 tyres with the speedo pinion for 6.50 x 16 tyres: did the 110 ever have 6.50s as standard?

You can change the speedo pinion quite easily (he says, it took me days to get the little carrier out).

IIRC the right pinion for 7.50 x 16 is blue.

Think 110s should have come with 750s as standard?

For what it's worth, on my 200Tdi 90 I change:

Every 3000 miles:

Engine oil

Filter

Diff oil

Swivel oil

And also service the hubs (re-greasing bearings etc.)

Every 6000 miles.

Gearbox oil

Transfer box oil

The rest as per the manual.

More often than usual due to the hard life it leads (it spends most of it's time axle-deep in mud or water, hence the more frequent changes in the lower-down oily bits.

On the 110 (also a 200Tdi) the plan is to go by the normal servicing intervals with the exception of engine oil and filter being 3,000 miles rather than 6,000 as it's done a few hundred thousand miles near enough so I want it to keep going! :P