Wheel bearings - are they all the same?

Have a Salisbury rear axels that needs new wheel bearings, are they the same as standard axles? also are there any model changes throughtout the years and axel numbers?

My understandng is there isn't, except a slight change in a model of half shaft which changes the way the locking washer located on the shaft??? is that correct?

cheers

Mav

theres no difference in the bearings between salisbury and normal axles, they all use STC4382.

The locking washer changed in 1994, at the same time they fitted rear disks. Prior to that the stub axle had a groove and the washer had a tang sticking out to locate in the groove. After '94, the stub axle has a flat on the side instead, and the lock washer has a corresponding D shaped hole, rather than a tang.

Don't get the cheese wheel bearings Mav, get the OEM Timken bearings :)

HTH

Mo

Hey Mo,

yeah I've been looking at bearings on fleebay - decided to go with a couble of sets of Bearmach kits. Also got some timken priced up too. if the Bearmach ones look carp then I'll buy some Timken bearings seperatly, went for the kits as they come with oil seal/gasket/locking washer etc.

Mav