Prince of darkness attacks again

My hazards decided not to work tonight when i went to use them, there was a short buzzing (rappid realy switching) from the relay box for a second or two and no flashing lights. The indicators work fine. The hazard switch was a new genuine lucas switch a few years ago, and i've just pulled it apart and the contacts are like new.

Is there a seperate relay for the hazards, and any other areas of the circuit i should look at to fix the problems?

1984 110 elctrics btw

My hazards decided not to work tonight when i went to use them, there was a short buzzing (rappid realy switching) from the relay box for a second or two and no flashing lights. The indicators work fine. The hazard switch was a new genuine lucas switch a few years ago, and i've just pulled it apart and the contacts are like new.

Is there a seperate relay for the hazards, and any other areas of the circuit i should look at to fix the problems?

1984 110 elctrics btw

I got a new lucas switch and found that the bulb they had used for the switch light was too big and it was actually shorting te bulb supply connection - which casued it to pop the fuse continuously, went through a handfull of fuses before I found out what it was.

No seperate relay, just the switch. It uses the main flasher unit, which from what you say works fine. I'd suspect the permanent feed to the hazard switch (green or purple), the age of the flasher unit (struggling to flash all the indicators, OK with two or three) or the hazard switch itself.

I have a spare switch, £5 and postage, PM me if interesed.

I've just fitted a new lucas switch and it's not fixed the problem, infact, it's made it worse, when i turn the switch on, i don't even get the relay switching noise now, just nothing at all.

Indicators still work fine

Any suggestions :unsure::blink:

The only difference between the circuits (indicators / hazards) is where the power comes from. The indicators are fed by a green wire (ignition switched) but the hazards come off a purple (always on but fused) feed. Do all the other things fed from the same fuse (cigar lighter and something else) also work, or not?

but the hazards come off a purple (always on but fused) feed.

aahh, now the penny has dropped :rolleyes::rolleyes: , i thought the hazards ran off the same fuse as the indicators, i'll check that fuse once it stops peeing down with rain :angry:

Do all the other things fed from the same fuse (cigar lighter and something else) also work, or not?
My cigi lighter runs off the aux fuse block, so i can't tell from that

if the hazards came off the same supply as the indicators which is a ignition controlled circuit, they wouldn't work when the ign was off.