picking up a sankey in a van

jasonslaphead

I have bought a sankey trailer :D As my 90 is half way through a few jobs at the moment and I have a few other things to move about im planning on renting a van for the day and loading it in the back instead of towing it. Has anyone ever had a sankey in the back of a van before and if so what van did you use?

I have had a nose about the web and it appears that the width is 1.45m and 2.9m long can anyone confirm these sizes as I want to make sure I turn up with a suitable size van. ( the sankey is the older type without the drop down tailgate so I presume a narrowtrack)

:unsure: best of luck with that. I can just about push mine on grass, let alone up-end it to slide it into a sprinter. Unloading it will be easier though. Just leave the eye at the back of the van, attach to large tree and drive off :ph34r:

I'd seriously find a friend with a nato hitch to collect it for you. Or risk a substantial injury/panel damage to sprinter.

Otherwise break it into bits, tub will detach on 5 or 6 rusted j bolts, and wheels/axles will come off

Just my tuppence. Pete

Picked it up this evening, used a transit with a tail lift. folded the legs up then tilted it up with the hitch end in the air and rolled it onto the tail lift put the hand brake on and sent it up then pulled it into the van. stuick the hand brake on and put the legs down and tied it up so it wouldnt roll about. Was easier than I expected. Had to unload it by my self but it was straight forward enough , they are a big heavy lump to pull around though.

38018_444640663351_522743351_5946902_3744534_n.jpg