disco 2 v8 non start

pinhead

drove home last night fine

girlfriend jumps in to go to work cranks over but wont start

come home cant find an obvious fault stinks of petrol look underneath and it is running down bell housing big time now its got a bit late and dark but is there any thing that is the usual fault to give me a head start in the morning

cheers andy

I guess one of the fuel lines may have chafed through on something, not sure of any usual faults, have not had any problems on mine.

The pump is in the tank so a loss of pressure would mean no fuel to the injectors = no start.

If you can get someone to turn on the ignition while you look around the rear of the engine with a torch the problem should become apparent. The pump will only run for a couple of seconds, but in that time it should shift plenty of petrol for you to spot, but if poss you should wear safety glasses and have some rinsing water nearby in case it squirts you...

Well just got this sorted fuel pipe had come off but to get at it I had to take inlet off not too bad a job unless you trap a wire putting it back together and have to do it all again but with the extra work of mending the injector harness hay ho it's all ok now though