radius arm bolt removal advice

ok so i have a track rod guard on and i need to move the rear of the 2 bolts on the front radius arms to get this off. Currently i have the front jacked up with the jacks on the radius arms and the wheels are off and the prop shaft is off too. i'm worried aabout the axle rotating and then i'm not able to get the bolt back in so I'm after some advice about where best to put the axle stands and what to do so this doesn't happen, or if it does what to do to align the holes back up again.

but yea, any advice??

Graham

I leave the wheels on and put the stands under the chassis when swapping axle assemblies or fitting radius arms.

To line up the radius arm bolt holes, I use a jack under the diff pinion to control rotation of the axle housing.

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much, whatever way you do it your're going to have to cajole them together again. In my humble opinion its best to do it with the wheels on the ground.

Depending on what sidethe bolt head is on, if you have room, you could insert another bolt as you tap the original out, keeping ur rad arm aligned but removing the bolt, if you get my gist.

Mav

If you're jack is under the radius arm I'd expect it to be putting tension and weight onto the bolts you're going to try and remove. In the past I've done it just as Bush 65 said. You can chock the wheels too to try and minimise the axle rotating and keep things lined up a bit.

The main thing will be releasing tension from the bolts you want to remove.

I've removed the bolts with the wheels on the ground too.

As said, chock the wheels to try and prevent movement. Getting them back in involved a combination of rotating the wheel to move the axle along with pry bars and a jack under the radius arm to rotate it into the correct position.

Get the rear-most bolt in first as it's then easier to struggle the front one in with a pry bar/jack, as you can see what you are doing.