37" creepy crawleras and balancing beads

bow

just been offered a set of four creepy crawlers, 37/14.5x15s they are on cropsprayer rims at the mo,

my question is, when i come to fit them to my 10x15 rims what sort of weight balancing beads would i need, i've never used the beads before, so figure the best thing to do is ask,

whats your thoughts gents,

all the best,

BOW... :)

thanks for that, never thought of looking on there ,

any one have any experience of using them,this is new territory for me on this size of tyre, and know balancing big wheel/tyre combinations can be a pain in the butt..

thanks,

BOW..

Yes, I bought rims and tyres from D4x4, and they offered to stick the beads in when they fitted them up.

So... balancing....? Very very good, virtually no wheel wobble at all even up to 90mph on a private runway :ph34r: That is 33x10.5x16s Simex JT2s on 16x8 steel mods.

One bad experience, soon after fitting them, I went off road and aired the tyres down to about 15 PSI, then all 4 of the valves started leaking air quite quickly, I assumed a bad batch of valves and found a local garage willing to sell me 4 new valves and I set about swapping them , it was at this point that the reason for the leak was one or more of the beads getting stuck behind the valve and stopping it from closing.

So... if you air your tyres down often, you may want to look at using larger ceramic BBs rather than the balancing beads D4x4 supply.

Martifers put these in some 35" coopers he has for the road, got a local garage to fit them, wobble is now worse and the garage said they don't have much success with them. This isn't to say they don't work, but there might be a trick to fitting them. He is ringing devon4x4 to find out, but the garage think that moisture from the compressed air causes the beads to stick together.

What's the theory behind these as I can't quite work out how the beads go to the correct point..