VIc Check

My 110 has to undergo a VIC check tomorrow, after an accident and chassis swap for a new chassis. I have the piece of old chassis with the VIN on, and some photos of the build. Apart from that I think everything is pretty much as it was before the accident, and as ar as I know it was all in order, and I have the V5, plus current MOT and VED on it.

Is there anything else I should do to prepare, or anything to beware of?

Nigel

im no expert i have had to do one vic check I think they just check all numbers match your vin plate, engine number, and chassis to the v5 as long as you have the documentation for your new chassis there should be no issue

Ah yes I also have the chassis receipt. Plus I am deploying the ultimate deterrent to hassle - the wife. As it happens she's the keeper, so she's going with it

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All the VIC is for is to make sure its the vehcilce its supossed to be & not a 'ringer', cant see you having any problems been to loads of them now & never had any issues

John

BTW good luck to your wife ;)

There is good news and bad. The good news is there are no identification problems. The bad news is they said there was a licensing problem which was their fault. They are sending us some forms to fill in, then we have to re-submit it. They have refunded the fee, but it's more time, and a 40 mile round trip. In the meantime they said we can drive it no problem. I think we shouldn't have been able to re-tax it without taking the VIC check but we have, twice at their invitation. At least next time I shall be confident it'll pass. Heigh ho.

Nigel

just keep all the relevant paperwork with you when out in the vehicle until the problem is completed to your satisfaction, just if the police decide to pull you over the paperwork will certainly confirm you are a good guy :D & doing everything legally.

just keep all the relevant paperwork with you when out in the vehicle until the problem is completed to your satisfaction, just if the police decide to pull you over the paperwork will certainly confirm you are a good guy :D & doing everything legally.

Yes good advice, thanks Ralph. It would only take one jobsworth...

Nigel