diff whining i think

hi there it's me again :lol:

here's my issue thies time. my diff is whining really loud...change my cv as there was that typical 'click' noise and did the half shaft as well. when the old shaft came out i could notice there were trace of water at the end of the shaft where it connect to the diff. only like 2 or 3 drops. so i change the oil of the diff, new cv, new shaft but still that whining noise. its only when i put the foot on the accelerator. i was wondering if the bearing if the diff might be shot!! do i need to take the diff out and investigate? what will normally go wrong there? will it be hard to rebuilt the front diff any special tools needed?

thanks you in advance for any advice guys

king regards

thierry

Try taking the prop off the diff which is whining, It might go away when you go for a drive......But it may make no difference.

You would be better off buying a 2nd hand diff than re-building your current one as it will proberly cost you 2 2nd hand diffs in parts and tools alone.

Dave.

thanks for your reply dave

i was thinking of getting a 2nd hand one. my landy is an 90 1988. will a 92 or 94 defender diff fit on mine? i took the front prop off and still whine. i notice when i change the oil at one point the stuff coming out was more like thick dirty grease instead of ep 90. does that indicate thats my diff is shot?

thanks

thierry

Yeah mine is a 10 spline so if I get a disco with the same number of spline the diff will fit on mine!

I was wondering as well I might get a cheap disco 1 to buy with 200tdi on it will it be worth getting it? What are the other bits I can use on my landy apart from the engine?

Thanks a mil guys