Best way to fit 1.222 Gears

Hey,

After completing a 8hour marathon journey to Devon then back again I have decided that I could definitely do with a 1.222 transfer gear as I do quite a bit of motorway cruising and no towing. Would the best way to achieve this be to buy the gears and fit them into my box or buy a disco box? The disco box seems like a cheaper option but are there any limitations with regard to fitting?

Thanks

Pete

So any LT230 box 200tdi, 300tdi, (td5?) should be able to bolt straight on? And although I have had it confirmed by the guy who rebuilt my gearbox, what would be the surefire way of ensuring a) i have a 1.4 and b) the new one is definately a 1.22 without relying on labelling?

Pete

So any LT230 box 200tdi, 300tdi, (td5?) should be able to bolt straight on? And although I have had it confirmed by the guy who rebuilt my gearbox, what would be the surefire way of ensuring a) i have a 1.4 and b) the new one is definately a 1.22 without relying on labelling?

Pete

Some TD5's didn't have the 4wd locker fitted. Easy to check for though. I got a 300tdi disco transfer box on my 200tdi defender and its fine. Its worth checking that the 4wd selects easily though.

If ya get stuck for this then i do have a good box for sale, only thing is that i am in cumbria.