Anyone running TF116 & TF117?

Ive moved this to a new post.

Is it possible to use terrafirmas all terrain dampers on regular springs? I know they are used for 2" lift kits but the webpage says "Terrafirma All Terrain shocks are the perfect replacement for existing shocks and yet can also accommodate up to 2" (50mm) of lift using Terrafirma coil springs".

But when I talk to my shop they says its impossible and that they are to long. Ive measured and its only 2-3 cm longer the LR originals. I have 2 TF116 and TF117 dampers and I want to use them with regular HD LR springs, does work?

Al ideas and tips are appreciated.

exactly. Im more worried that it will flex to much so that the spring can jump loose. You think I should make a bigger bump stop?

The springs shouldnt jump loose at the bottom as they should be held by retainers. As for the top, they are designed to dislocate anyway... or am i misunderstanding you?

Hmm, Well the spring is hold in place by pressure and cant dislocate that much since the damper will stop it from completely jumping away. But my front springs dont have any retainers that holds its in the bottom. I is only lying against a bottom plate (nrc9700). And I thought that was the way it always is or am I missing something. I might be out wandering in the dark now, but im just thinking that the spring might dislocate easier either on top or bottom. I could be wrong... Feel free to explain how stuff really works.

post-11398-083151600 1283534107_thumb.png

Hmm, Well the spring is hold in place by pressure and cant dislocate that much since the damper will stop it from completely jumping away. But my front springs dont have any retainers that holds its in the bottom. I is only lying against a bottom plate (nrc9700). And I thought that was the way it always is or am I missing something. I might be out wandering in the dark now, but im just thinking that the spring might dislocate easier either on top or bottom. I could be wrong... Feel free to explain how stuff really works.

My apologies. I thought all defenders had these holding the front springs in place. It must just be the later vehicles then i guess.