200tdi rad or 2.5 rad ???

Hi all

Very soon I will be starting my winter project :i-m_so_happy:

I will be doing a 200tdi rangy engine & autobox into my 90, I have done lots of research (mostly on here ;) ) but cant find anything about using the original radiator.

My idea is to use the original radiator as it is full width, I have a very large intercooler (EVO 8)& a large (ford) cooler for the autobox, but not sure about the engine oil pipes that normally go into the 200 radiator :unsure: , question is could I just use another large oil cooler & get the pipes made up ?

Oh & will be fitting lecky fan so think I should be ok for space

Thanks in advance

John

not sure you'd have room for a seperate oil cooler as well as the other two rads but then I have never been convinced of the cooling effect of the integral oilcooler in the RR rad, I have heard of some peeps getting a short U shaped pipe fitted instead of the oil cooler.

If you fit an oil temp guage, you could keep an eye on the oil temp.

sorry just re-read your post, doesn't an auto box have a seperate oil cooler anyway?

Yes they do, thats why I using the Ford auto oil cooler but the one I am concerned about is the engine oil, or maybe I could use the 'bog brush' one that belonged to the Range Rover ???

Thanks

John

A 2.5td rad might be an option as it's full width but has the same oil cooler arrangement as the smaller tdi rad...

Being an earlier design though you might not gain any more cooling.

Jon

I never new that, not trying to get it ant cooler just thinking of options & not having to many rads in there

thanks

John