Bad day

max-ie

Alternator failed. New one obtained from Three Sheds. Fantastic. Took old one off. No problems. Noticed power steering belt could do with replacing. Bolt on back of mounting wouldnt come undone and space limited due to dizzy. I know take dizzy out. Access to bolt obtained and belt replaced and tightened. Dizzy replaced which had been preserved nearby so that nothing was moved and engine which was at tdc not altered.

Fantastic. Start it up. Blew air box off and the explosion nearly shattered the house windows. Wife ran out with first aid box enquiring if i had any eyebrows left. Dont know what ive done to get timing 180 degrees out but problem rectified and Maximus wont start. Firing but not starting. A full day for a simple job. One of those days im afraid. Try again tomorrow.

Alternator failed. New one obtained from Three Sheds. Fantastic. Took old one off. No problems. Noticed power steering belt could do with replacing. Bolt on back of mounting wouldnt come undone and space limited due to dizzy. I know take dizzy out. Access to bolt obtained and belt replaced and tightened. Dizzy replaced which had been preserved nearby so that nothing was moved and engine which was at tdc not altered.

Fantastic. Start it up. Blew air box off and the explosion nearly shattered the house windows. Wife ran out with first aid box enquiring if i had any eyebrows left. Dont know what ive done to get timing 180 degrees out but problem rectified and Maximus wont start. Firing but not starting. A full day for a simple job. One of those days im afraid. Try again tomorrow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I remember having a similar problem when using LPG for few times :( . Explaining confidently :blink: to my mechanic the positives sides of using and how quickly to switching over to LPG from petrol :unsure: . Forgetting in the process to drain off twin carbs first :rolleyes: . With the consequence of very loud bangs from exhaust and airbox end. :ph34r: Rather a stayed grin and a look at the ceiling from a deafened mechanic :huh: .