Is this an insane idea........??

Well, i rang richards today, and she quoted 160 quid plus the vat for delivery, so thats the way i'm going, its never worth all the agro to save a few quid, i'd rather spend a day in bed than kill myself for next to nothing........ 4-6 weeks and i'll have a new chassis, i'll still wait to change it over xmas, as i have 3 weeks off anyway....!

Have you already bought it? I got mine for marslands the other week and they delivered it a week later. Seems like a long lead time. Mine was £140+vat for delivery, in norfolk. Like you I had considered collection but the saving just didn't justify it.

Also I would have thought the coppers main issue would have been all the bits poking out uncovered if you towed it on axle. ie the outriggers. They would do someone some serious harm were they to get in the way.

Yes i have ordered it, i have spoken to several people that have done chassis swaps, and pretty much all have said that richards is the better product, i'm sure there is actually nothing wrong with anyones elses chassis's, but the fact that richards redrill the holes etc is good enough for me....... and the lead time is less than i was expecting, plus it gives me time to find the money...LOL!!

In the real world my 530D estate is most definatelt up to the job, however, the law says something different......... i have several offers of borrowning a car trailer, but as the trailers are rated with a gross weight in excess of what the car is legally allowed to tow, it means its illegal for me to tow that trialer, EVEN EMPTY!! how stupid is that!!!.. but thats what the law says, and 500 miles is too far to risk it!!