updating my sats

larryowner

Luky me, the wife is buying me something I actually want for Christmas,a new set of tyres for my 88"series one.I only use the vehicle for RTV trials and a bit of green laneing.The front and rear axles are series 3, which brings the 7.50 Firestone Super All Terrain (SAT's)out level with the wings/bodywork, while still giving reasonable steering lock.Off road tyre design has moved on since I fitted the SAT's about 15 years ago, so can anyone recommend a good off road tyre which is fairly narrow.Don't want to have less steering lock or for the tyres to stick out past the standard bodywork,Thanks

Keep your eyes on ebay to find the newest sat copies, Firedragon sat's.

They are radial & an exact copy unlike sag's etc.

They aren't made any more but were made by a company in Wales.

I found a set & currently trial on them. They are (as they always were) bloomin brilliant.

You could always follow the flock & get simex copies :rolleyes: baaaah :D

SATs :rolleyes:

oh how i have fond memories of them. What a tyre. Still reckon they;re one of the best trials tyres about if you are predominantly on muddy sites. Suck on the grass though if my memory serves...

you could go for a skinny simex-alike, or a nice diamond pattern from the likes of fedima. All do the same 7.50x16 sizes so you have plenty of choice.

SATs :rolleyes:

oh how i have fond memories of them. What a tyre. Still reckon they;re one of the best trials tyres about if you are predominantly on muddy sites. Suck on the grass though if my memory serves...

you could go for a skinny simex-alike, or a nice diamond pattern from the likes of fedima. All do the same 7.50x16 sizes so you have plenty of choice.

Bridgestone D671

Or if you want something a little more lumpy.

Bridgestone D673

Dueler_MT_673.jpgDueler_MT_673_front.jpg

I have the 671's and they are pretty good. They chuck the mud and don't go slipping sideways on wet grass (so much). I think if I were buying again I'd go the 673's for all round usefulness.

Luky me, the wife is buying me something I actually want for Christmas,a new set of tyres for my 88"series one.I only use the vehicle for RTV trials and a bit of green laneing.The front and rear axles are series 3, which brings the 7.50 Firestone Super All Terrain (SAT's)out level with the wings/bodywork, while still giving reasonable steering lock.Off road tyre design has moved on since I fitted the SAT's about 15 years ago, so can anyone recommend a good off road tyre which is fairly narrow.Don't want to have less steering lock or for the tyres to stick out past the standard bodywork,Thanks

Michelin XZL is available in 7,5x16. I used to run these for offroading myself, they are good in the mud.

http://www.google.dk/search?q=michelin+xzl

They are often available in this size as NewTakeOff from LR dealers and the usual parts places, since they seems to be factory fitted to eg, the Defender 130" and become surplus to requirements when the customer wants something else. Bought this way they will most likely be mounted on new Wolf rims. which can be sold on if you want to keep your present rims.