Disco seats in RRC

Dunc

Anyone know if seats from a 3-door Disco with the tip-up mechanism would fit into an RRC?

If anyone would like to measure the base and runners of the Disco seat and post a picture up of same and the mounting plinth then I'm sure you'll be guaranteed some karmic goodness.

:)

I had a look at this a while ago, and with a 1990 RRC and a 1991 Disco they will not fit without an amount of cutting away of existing bracketry. At the time the Disco was about to go for scrap so the seats would have been effectively free but I still decided it was too much hassle.

My plan now is to get some tip-forward seats from a normal 3-door saloon and fit those.

That's almost exactly what i thought.

I was trying to remember my old 3-dr Tdi, and how the tip-frame was welded to the floor vs the 'post' affair on the RRC, and you've more or less verified what i was thinking.

Thanks very much, i'm grateful.

Guess i'll just fix what i've got, eh?

That's almost exactly what i thought.

I was trying to remember my old 3-dr Tdi, and how the tip-frame was welded to the floor vs the 'post' affair on the RRC, and you've more or less verified what i was thinking.

Thanks very much, i'm grateful.

Guess i'll just fix what i've got, eh?

Hey Dunc,

I've got some cloth seats from the front of a four door if they are any good to you?

Hey Dunc,

I've got some cloth seats from the front of a four door if they are any good to you?

Mine's a 2-door my mate, but thank you very much for the offer.

May still try and blag a bunch of bits from you anyway! ;)

I had Disco seats in my 2dr range rover, but i did put the disco floor in as well as the engine, box and dashboard.

If yours still has 4speed lt95 and tunnel i'm pretty sure the gearbox tunnel is to wide.

But the early seat frames only bolt in, there'll just be f**ing corroded and the bolts are a bugger to get out!