AWDC Challenger 4x4 Championship Round 6

Orange

Firstly, thanks to Paul and Lucy for putting on another superb event... and whole series for that matter. I hope there is enough enthusiasm and support to be able to run it again next year.

Thanks also to the marshalls and everyone who makes the events run smoothly - including Ben and Sara for their pre-event work on the scorecards etc...

It was a fairly slow start for us, but things picked up late morning/early afternoon with a couple of good secitons until I had a little moment with a snapped front winch rope. Very close to putting the truck on its roof, but saved by a very well placed tree... That kind of killed the afternoon with no confidence in the front rope after a field-splice which wasn't the best!! However; it turned out that 32 punches was enough for 3rd place in Class 1 and sufficient to take us to the top of the championship leaderboard by 1 point!! Hurrah!!

Congrats to Chris Kelly and Carl for their clear 40 punch round getting 1st place on the day, and to Barry and Steve for their first 2nd place - very well deserved and earned!

Well done to all those who have made the competition a great and successful series and hopefully we will see you all next year along with a load of new faces raring to get stuck in to these events.

I know there were a load of cameras snapping away, so lets see 'em....

Just to echo Mr Oranges comments above, we have had a really good series, culminating with yesterday's event and a cracking result.

My thanks also go out to everyone involved in organising, and all those who turn up and make it a fun but competetive series.

Some great pictures Chris, not enough red trucks tho... :P

Cheers

Mark

No, Kev. It was the front 12mm one. It's been given some stick this year, but was in excellent condition before the event... Any number of contributing factors could have caused the break, but all that matters is that it wasn't a catastrophic failure!!!

The rear rope didn't cause any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Many many thanks to Paul and Lucy, all the marshalls and anyone else involved in putting on this years series.

Congrats to Kelly on clearing all 40 punches and Adrian and Mark for winning the series overall and after a appalling first couple of hr's we didn't do too bad either.

For anyone thinking of starting out i can't recommend this series enough.

I totally agrre with the above comments, Starting out in this type of event is a daunting prospect for sure, But its a really friendly atmosphere and some very helpfull people competing, A really good mix of punches from a simple drive up to to some that we didnt want to do :D

Looking forward to next years series for sure, Very well done to all involved :)