Part number request

Maverik

My PAS pump failed at the weekend (yay), My LR90 has a 200tdi disco engine with muchas bodged pipework. The present pump that is on is NTC8288, the pipework is obviously bodged and needs replacing.

I'm planning on fitting NTC8287 (banjo type fitting) (as I can get an OEM one for an acceptable price - £150)

I've checked out the numerous posts on here regarding pumps/pipework and that with looking at my parts catalogue has pushed me over the edge...

If anyone could tell me what pipes/hoses I need for this type of pump I would be appreciated.

Mav

I've checked out the numerous posts on here regarding pumps/pipework and that with looking at my parts catalogue has pushed me over the edge...

not easy is it, to many combinations & no mention of which hoses fits which pump.I can't figure out which hose;pipe assemblies you need either.

not easy is it, to many combinations & no mention of which hoses fits which pump.I can't figure out which hose;pipe assemblies you need either.

Thanks for trying Ralph I appreciate it. I had a think about it last night and came up with this:

NTC8287 PUMP ASSEMBLY

NTC3066 PAS HOSE ASSEMBLY

NTC6731 HOSE ASSY

Now I'm not even sure I can write down the rational as to how I got to this conclusion.... but I figure the low pressure side of the pump where its clamp with a Jubilee clip, that will be relativly standard, if its not I can make my own conversion hose as its not critically high pressure so I went for NTC3066 as I found a picture of it and it looks about right...

Now for NTC6731 high pressure PAS feed, I looked through the parts catalogue and cleverly* deducted that this was the right pipe for the pump... ... ... (*holding breath*) I hope! I figured I had to start somewhere! I ordered from Lrseries so when thay appear hopefully this week, I'll update this thread.

I'd take it to a hydrualics place and get them to make the right thing up from scratch, probably cost less than gen parts and be better quality too. My PAS hoses (D2 box, BMW pump, on a Series) cost me all of £25.

Yeah, I found a wee digger garage in the next village, thats my 2nd option. I've ordered the pipework now so going to see if I managed to get it right, if it don't fit, then I'll take the bits down to the garage to see what they can do for me.

Ok, got the bits today... not exactly a spritly service from Lrseries... Well the hoses/pipes go with the pump... BUT the flippin pulley from the old pump wont fit the new pump... the flange on the new pump is too big for the pulley and the pitch of the attachemnt bolts is different.

AND to top it all I bought an OEM pump from LRseries for £125 and it turns up in a Britpart box, not a happy bunny at all, its going back in the post first thing tommorow, so fed up of being led up the garden path, I almost feel tricked into buying Britpart stuff...

Back to the drawing board, next to order is NTC8288 with hight pressure hose NTC8193...

try Bit-car & specify you want Genuine parts NOT Britpart.

Duelly ordered from Britcar, very good customer service over the phone, and price aint so bad either. LRseries admits to having there system wrong, as NTC8287 was wrongly specified.

So getting a full refund on other pump.

Fingers crossed I'll get 1 x NTC8288 and 1 x NTC8193 by Thursday.

What I'll do is take some pictures of the different hose fitting with regard to part number so we can try and clear up the quite confusing LR parts system.

scan it & save as a .pdf file then you can upload, forum software doesn't support Word docs as far as I know

Cheers, will do that.

I went to a couple of hydraulics places today (one benefit of living in the oil capital of the uk)... but non could help me with my PAS hoses!

I'm nearing my wits end on this one, decided I'm going to put the old hose back on until I can source the right hose/bits.