High angle rear prop

I was considering putting longer shocks on the 90 and letting the rear springs dislocate or stretch a bit more but have noticed that even with the current +3" shocks the front uj of the prop is binding when the axle is hanging on the shocks (this is with stock shock mounts).

So, all you guys and gals running +2s or longer with lowered shock mounts how have you solved this?

I was considering putting longer shocks on the 90 and letting the rear springs dislocate or stretch a bit more but have noticed that even with the current +3" shocks the front uj of the prop is binding when the axle is hanging on the shocks (this is with stock shock mounts).

So, all you guys and gals running +2s or longer with lowered shock mounts how have you solved this?

ive got extended sliders & wider angled props on the defender, i know people that have made spacers

instead

Hmm, cheers Graham nice to see someone has seen and addressed the problem. Don't think I have an issue with length yet but my setup is pretty tame.

Did you consider a centre check strap?

Hmm, cheers Graham nice to see someone has seen and addressed the problem. Don't think I have an issue with length yet but my setup is pretty tame.

Did you consider a centre check strap?

No, when I went 3Link, I wanted as much movement as poss, so decieded on travel length &

then worked backwards from there, I wouldnt go with as much movement again, ive found that i

have too much drop front & rear, which doesnt help in certain situations ie Side slopes :blink:

For now I'll live with it, got other things to spend the pennies on. Still toying with cutting the tub about as I'm not using all the available up movement yet but the procomps are coming up for replacment and it might have been nice to go for something longer, maybe with some of Gwyns mounts.

went out with a few mates on sunday. one had a brand new double cardin rear prop from a well known off road parts supplier. he did 15 or so miles on it , drove into the first mud of the day (6") on a hard rock base, and........................ BANG , it let go big style. on examining it , it APPEARS to be cast and not forged! fit for SCRAPIRON!!!!!

Kenson do a nice range of high angle props (complete with longer sliders)....

Tel: 0121 505 3668

Haven't got one, but have always been impressed with other their other products.... and they are not orange!

Ian