Defender front bumper with central towing point

"Once upon a time" there was somebody making a Defender replacement front bumper with a central towing pin in it, much the same idea as the standard military bumper but not as full of holes and probably a good deal stronger - I think it was made out of decent steel like 4mm/5mm sort of thickness. It basically looked exactly like the std Defender bumper but with the recess and tow pin in the middle.

I can't find it anywhere though ... anybody jog my memory as to who made it?

"Once upon a time" there was somebody making a Defender replacement front bumper with a central towing pin in it, much the same idea as the standard military bumper but not as full of holes and probably a good deal stronger - I think it was made out of decent steel like 4mm/5mm sort of thickness. It basically looked exactly like the std Defender bumper but with the recess and tow pin in the middle.

I can't find it anywhere though ... anybody jog my memory as to who made it?

Southdown used to make a standard looking 5mm/6mm Defender bumper, with or without the central towing point (à la Military 90/110), but their website doesn't seem to list bumpers anymore :huh:

Beware the cheap copies that were just a standard bumper with a section cut out and a pin inserted, there was no additional strengthening so they were actually weaker than the standard bumper. These were available in both black & galvanised finish, very nasty.

Southdown used to make a standard looking 5mm/6mm Defender bumper, with or without the central towing point (à la Military 90/110), but their website doesn't seem to list bumpers anymore :huh:

I thought it might have been them as well but as you say not on their website.

I don't think I would have managed to get one from Southdown anyway :ph34r:

Don't really want the actual mil one because of all the holes in it - its actually for the better half's 110 - no good for my vehicle due to the winch :)