trouble starting

Kaliboy

My new 300tdi is playing up already. seems to be a lazy starter. I've had new glowplugs fitted and a new battery. This morning it was stone cold dead. I jumped it and left it running for an hour. Went out in it for about 14 miles, turned it off, 2 hours later, lazy starting. Decided to try and take the battery back. Battery was tested. No problems. Two slow swings again before firing up. New battery fitted by the kind shop. One slow swing and it started.

I'm wondering if it's the starter motor or something more conspicuous leaking voltage. I've just fitted a new headunit, if that could be it?

The problem is I've got a long journey over the next couple of days and could really do without it not starting on the ferry!

Any ideas?

:-(

Just had the same problem with mine and it was the starter motor. It was very lazy in the mornings, if it would start at all that is, lucky I live on a hill, once it did start it would re start all day but would be very lazy and needed the glow plugs, changed the starter and she now starts first flick of the key every time.

My EDC 300 is a bad starter when it is very cold.....It is an auto and the starter throws out as soon as it fires even if it does not keep running.it smokes like crazy when it does start.I have heard of a mod to do with the temp sensor. Mileage 118000,burns no oil between services runs very sweet and good mpg. Any ideas.

I got this sorted a couple of days ago. I've driven the car to Montengro and during the last few miles from Croatia, the accelerator pedal went stupidly stiff. I was recommended a garage, who fixed that small problem, and as I tried to leave the car refused to start! A few hours later the solenoid was replaced and the car is running the best it can!

I love it!!