Disco chop update

filthy boy

Looking good! nice tig work,

Not meaning to be overly critical but the rear stays look a little unsupported at there back edge.

Are you going to use it in uk events?

Is the inner cage conected to the rear cage?

And how come you've chosen not to have anything down the outside of the A pillar?

We won't know for certain if the Td5 sump will fit until it's in, but it has been designed from scratch to all work together. The engine sits so far back it should be okay.

If it's not then we will either modify the sump, dry sump it (yeah right!!!!) or bend the links.

FB

They're both looking really, really good. I like the 4 link front end but packaging will be very 'interesting'. The exhaust is the thing that's going to give me a few headaches with my 3 link :(

I realised that. SO I threw away the whole thing apart from the engine, transmission and axle casings. :ph34r:

Then started afresh. :D

Exhaust is the least of my challenges!

Surprising, it is quite a big overall thing but there is soooo little space. There are these big void spaces effectively lost to accommodate the coilovers and travel.

FB

FB

What size tube/type did you use for the rear and the inner cage work on the disco ???

Chris

Old scaffold poles (where's the pirate style flipoff smilie???? :D )

BUt we remembered to grind the galvanising off.

The big tube is 2" 2mm and the smaller is 1.5" 2mm. All seamless, special ductile steel with very good ultimate yield so should survive the odd tree.

Clubman 500

FB