cosworth

tinker

Ok guys,

I want to run a megasquirt system on a 2.9 v6 cosworth out of an old ford scorpio (94 n plate)anyway, what would i need from the car to get it up and running, still have the car but have removed the engine and box, been trying to get the loom out today, there are soooooooo many wires..lol

thanks chaps

Check TSD's site and notes on his hybrid: www.ep90.com

I vote Megasquirt, you probably have EDIS ready-fitted which makes life lovely.

Thanks, I do have a PATS version(bugger) anyway I also have EDIS6, will I need the door lock as well, just to wake the damn thing up, modern electics are not my strong point, but I learn quick lol

did this to an old XR4i i had ages ago.if it's the pre 95 granny then it easy with about 2/3 wires to connect.if it's the later scorpio(the rounded blob kind)it more difficult.i'm not 100% sure but i think you can run the later engine with the earlier loom.

if you PM me your email i'll send you a simple wiring diagram for the earlier engine.

cheers Ralph

thats good news, although I spent ages today removing the loom....so best get the engine installed n get some electriciky boxes, should be fun ah but what about the auto box, its electronic controlled right? guess it takes its que from engine revs/load.

thats good news, although I spent ages today removing the loom....so best get the engine installed n get some electriciky boxes, should be fun ah but what about the auto box, its electronic controlled right? guess it takes its que from engine revs/load.

Not wishing to sound rude, but it would be a very good idea for you to google or otherwise track down the wiring diagram(s) and any sort of technical/workshop manual for the car (even a Haynes book 2nd hand off eBay would do) then you can definitively answer most of the questions. Reading the Megasquirt manual, and Nige's big Megasquirt thread, should fill in the rest of the blanks.

What you need to make the engine run on Megasquirt is all in the wiring diagram in Nige's thread, as I said you can probably just lop the factory ECU off the existing loom and re-use most of it, leaving the EDIS intact. As for the gearbox, when you've got some info on it then we can take a better guess.