Eco-Vac for single point LPG

TobyMellin

Has anybody used one of these?

From the description on tinley tech, it suggests that it replaces the power valve and supplies gas by monitoring manifold air pressure.

Link:

http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl

I realise it may not be as good as a lambda controlled closed loop, but I've been running open loop for a month or so, due to lambda sensors not liking wading...

Thanks.

Hmmm, only heard bad reports on these TBH, make very little difference, and struggle to keep up with a V8 on full chat, the VIP100 I had, and have now fitted to 2 subsequent vehicles is very good indeed, and simple to setup/fit :)

As for lambda sensors not liking wading.... I wade, mud and water, and have had the same sensor in for about 18 months now, still works fine.

I didn't use the remote display, no, the flashing LEDs were plently, I had mine in the passenger footwell , just dangling by the wires so I could monitor whilst driving, but tuck it out of site when I was carrying a passenger, eventually it stayed hidden.

Using the VIP100 I found a 10% improvement in MPG, better running through the rev range, especially high up, and generally a smoother V8, I don't run LPG on my V8 any more, due to needing the space, and not doing the mileage I was, but as I say, it has moved to two other vehicles and on both it has made a dramatic improvement, on a V8 90 it took it from 8MPG to 11.5, though I did MegaJolt it at the same time with table switching ;)

I reckon my VIP100 paid for itself within 2 months, I ran it for 12 months then gave it to a mate, as I went Megasquirt and wanted my boot back :)

The lambda sensor I was referring to was the one I run for Megasquirt, but the LPG one took plenty of wading too, and that is on it's third truck now! It was supplied with the VIP100, so dont remember what make it is, the one I use currently is a Bosch one, I think I grabbed it from ebay when someone had a job lot of VW ones going for £25 or so, since then I have used Fuelparts sensors also with no issue, on other trucks.

Thanks again for the info.

I've got a full megajolt kit that I'll get round to fitting some time!

Annoying thing is, I've bought a new lambda sensor (£50) for the current system, that didn't solve it, now I've bought the pc cables and connectors for it (£35). I'm borrowing a mates old laptop tomorrow to plug it in. If it doesn't find out what the problem is, think I'll be going for the vip100.

What mpg do you get with your megasquirt by the way?

I'm getting 7mpg with my open loop gas at the moment... Not sure what I get on petrol (3.9 non serp efi).

7 is terrible.... I used to get 13 on gas all the time!

Megasquirt... well I don't really ever drive it unless I am spending most off the day off road, but it works out about 10 I suppose... I managed over 15MPG pulling a trailer at ~ 1 ton and loaded up with camping stuff in the summer though!

I can't open the link in your post, but do have experience with the Ecomax vacuum economiser from My link. It does a good job, both on a RRC with 3.5 and a GEMS 4.0. In fact, the 4.0 with Ecomax has no problem matching our 4.6 equiped with an electronic closed loop system.

I've decided to not run a lambda control system anymore. I will either run an open loop system, tuned by wideband in the y-piece (remove before off roading). or, I may try out the eco-vac. I'll ring tinley tomorrow to ask them how it works and what they think of them.

new link (3rd product down):

http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/System_Upgrades.html