TD5 won't unlock

SiWhite

Morning Folks,

I was summoned from my bed at 0700hrs this morning to help SWMBO with her 1999 TD5 - she was 20 miles away and locked out. Problem is, the key fob (tried both) won't unlock the car or turn the alarm off. You can still get in with the key, but the alarm naturally goes off.

I'm a bit stumped by this one, and don't know the best course of action. I think the problem COULD be the alarm receiver which I read is in front of the rear sunroof (which leaks) but have no idea how to get into the thing without the alarm sounding to change it. Is there anything that might have caused this problem?

Any ideas folks?

Bit desperate as we're down to one car between us....

Thanks in advance, Si

Edc code if you ring any landrover dealer they have it but you need the vin number

Mine does this every now and again usually when parked next to a shogun I've found open it with the key remove battery lead then wait 5 mins then put it back on this usually fixes mine

I had the same problem on my '99 D2. Turned out to be the reciever and the removed item looked like it was lucky to of lasted as long as it did.

my emergeny code is written on a little credit card sized card in the LR handbook thingy (offroad driving advice, basic maitenance guide and all those little booklet things), its got the radio code and stuff printed on it as well. i was stumped as it seemed to have too many digits, but it turns out the number 8 is noted down as 08 so the number looks too long ;oD

best o luck

Excellent, thanks for the replies.

EDC coming from the stealers in the morning, then another go tomorrow. SWMBO under instruction to try and get in throughout her night shift to see if it was a rogue interference issue. Spare receiver also on standby in case it got wet in the headlining.

I have no idea what an EDC code is but there is an EKA code to let you in via the doors and un-immobilise it, it should be in the handbook.

I'd also suspect a dud receiver as I have seen a couple go phut with the same result you have. If you can't un-immobilise the BCU then unfortunately it's new BCU time :(