Should my 110 have a rear ARB?

As the title really,

My TD5 van back has always wallowed like a pig in the corners but doesn't have a ARB fitted.

Have ordered an X-Flex jobbie so that should improve it's on road manners but I'm curious if mine would have had one fitted originally?

Thanks,

Mick.

My 1989 Hardtop (Van) doesn't have one fitted.

My understanding is that they were only fitted to vehicles with 2950kg GVW Levelled Suspension (most Station Wagons) and not fitted to vehicles with 3050kg GVW Unlevelled Suspension (Hardtops, Truck Cabs, HCPU)

I think when it comes to ARB's and defenders there is actually no rule, mine should have had them, (spec etc) but they were never fitted, I guess it is in the hands of the gods and what LR had at the time

If your springs are in good condition there shouldn't be that much roll on a 110 hardtop, without anti rol bars.

rolleyes.gif My springs were new and there was plenty of roll when it was loaded with all of my kit, it was surprising the difference the ARB's made especially when doing simple things like changing lanes at speed (ish) my rear ARB bushes now need changing after just a year so I guess they are under stress a lot and doing their job.

Jason.

Is it necessary to have a rear anti roll bar? Mine does not have any, including the front too.

They are not "necessary" and it depends what you use your truck for, if you use it for lots of off roading then ARB's can affect articulation (hence Simon's great new product over at E-Eng x-deflex) which solves that problem, however if you don't use your truck for extreme off roading a standard ARB setup will give your truck more manners in high speed corners and prevent as much body roll.

Jason.