Clutch Flexi hose

Evening all,

I have 3 clutch flexi hoses here, none of which suit my pipework :(

The pipework is TD5 main pipe (I'm pretty sure the female fitting at the end has always been the same size) and LT77 clutch slave with newly purchased pipe.

2 have one correct end, this screws on fine to the main clutch pipe. The other end is too big for the female fitting on the small pipe at the clutch slave (which is the same size as the main clutch pipe fitting).

So I need a clutch flexi that has the same male fitting at each end.

1. Is this correct or has the small clutch slave pipe got the wrong fitting on it (bought from ebay)?

2. If this is correct, which clutch flexi do I need ?

IMAG0072.jpg

What part numbers do you have Mo? For the hoses? I think there are a couple of different types.

This one is listed for Td5s:

http://www.lrseries....LUTCH-HOSE.html

But this is the pipe for a Td5:

http://www.landysche...fender-td5.html

Strange, as there's a male-to-male connection going on there. I think it has to do with a special nut or something, on the bracket that mounts the end of the flexi. Item 20 below:

post-10578-0-84069300-1296761573_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, my 200Tdi uses 7/16" UNF threads for the fittings on the flexi, the Td5 pipe above looks to have a larger, finer thread (possibly an M12 fine?) at one end.

You've got a 300Tdi engine have you not? What thread is in the slave cylinder?

This is a 300Tdi clutch hose:

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/9419/NTC9055-HOSE-FLEXI-CLUTCH-TDI.html

I *think* it's 7/16" UNF, but they may have metricated it by then :(

2 have one correct end, this screws on fine to the main clutch pipe. The other end is too big for the female fitting on the small pipe at the clutch slave (which is the same size as the main clutch pipe fitting).

So I need a clutch flexi that has the same male fitting at each end.

1. Is this correct or has the small clutch slave pipe got the wrong fitting on it (bought from ebay)?

2. If this is correct, which clutch flexi do I need ?

Nino, thanks for replying however I know that bit screws on to the main pipe. The answers I need are to questions 1. and 2. above.

I do appreciate your trying to help. :D

Cheers

Mo

Damn, ignore my point above. That's the fitting for the top of the master cylinder, for the switch.

I believe it does yes Mo. Both 7/16" UNF.

I'd suggest finding out what threads you have where Mo and going from there. 1/4" brake pipe and the 7/16" UNF fittings for it are easy enough to find so you can make your own pipes up if need be.

I have no part numbers for the new hoses that I have, they came with the vehicle when I bought it. Its a 200 onto an LT77 gearbox so it should be the standard part. I just want to be sure :)

Here's a pic of the other ends - These are all too big for the female on the small slave pipe.

IMAG0073.jpg

Looks like you're right there, James, that one appears to have the same ends. 2 of the flexis I have here appear to be 300 Tdi items and the other a TD5 item.

OK, it seems the mystery is resolved :) Now all I have to do is find someone who sells NRC7441

Thanks for your assistance James, I'll see you Saturday morning :)

Mo

Looks like you're right there, James, that one appears to have the same ends. 2 of the flexis I have here appear to be 300 Tdi items and the other a TD5 item.

OK, it seems the mystery is resolved :) Now all I have to do is find someone who sells NRC7441

Thanks for your assistance James, I'll see you Saturday morning :)

Mo

Brit-car, have it listed mine is connected at the pipe/hose but not to the slave cylinder bolt.