E-Type Range Rover!?!

fozsug

I quite like the green Jag, it looks right as a conversion. The E type is just a shell sitting on top of a chassis, it could be any shell on top of a chassis.

I think that is one of the things that makes Alvin Smith's Strange Rover work, it looks like it could be a proper version of the vehicle.

It's surprising how many cars wheelbases work out about right for Landrover chassis. The first I ever saw was a Morris Minor on an 88" leaf sprung chassis turned up years ago at an off road show at High Wycombe. One year at the London to Brighton run a Mk1 Fiesta turned up, again on an 88" chassis.

I did once (when I had plenty of time) give thought to a 2CV (GF at the time had one that needed to go to the car graveyard) body sitting on a leaf setup, fortunately it never got beyond the vapour stage. The W/B was right but a 2CV is rather narrow and would have needed very flared arches. I wondered about cutting the whole shell in half lengthways and widening it.

I've also seen VW Beetle, and an MGB GT (rather well finished that was) on top of RRC running gear.

The green Jag shown further up really looks right, like it was meant to be, I quite like it's classic looks.

That pale green Jag looks to be rear engined by the ducting in the rear windows, wasn't Alvin Smiths TR the same or was that another of his creations?

Looks like front engine to me.

Dsc00002.jpg

Alvin's TR7 was rear engine, the bonnet line would be much too low for the V8 and an axle underneath.