valves for hydraulic winches?

I'm looking to find out more information on valves for hydraulic winches, ive had a search and cant really find any information on them, so as there are lots of threads on hydraulic winches and pumps etc i though id start one about valves.

what are people using?

I want to use two cetop valves for front and rear winches and have been told by a supplier that I cant use P to T cetops (open center) with a hydraulic motor with a over center valve fitted?

They are saying I need a a/b to T so the fluid can return quickly....but then I need a un-loader valve (third cetop) and with this I dont think I will be able to use front and rear winches at the same time?

Anyone any thoughs?

I'm looking to find out more information on valves for hydraulic winches, ive had a search and cant really find any information on them, so as there are lots of threads on hydraulic winches and pumps etc i though id start one about valves.

what are people using?

I want to use two cetop valves for front and rear winches and have been told by a supplier that I cant use P to T cetops (open center) with a hydraulic motor with a over center valve fitted?

They are saying I need a a/b to T so the fluid can return quickly....but then I need a un-loader valve (third cetop) and with this I dont think I will be able to use front and rear winches at the same time?

Anyone any thoughs?

Get in touch with saley, he can supply you all the spool and over centre valves you need,

Carl.

If you don't go through saley (which to be honest is probably your easiest option :) ) make sure you don't get spool that vent to centre when in the centre position.

Flowfit have all that you want :)

G

Try googling 'White house products' - hydrualic component seller in glasgow. Excellent service when I bought from them. Also have lots of stuff to view/consider on the web site. If you want more exotic stuff just ring them. I found them very helpfull.

Adrian

• 1 month later...

Well for anything hydraulic i use H&M hydraulic services , absolute infinite knowlage and wisdom in their field and others to be fair.

I know they have done many winch installs for both commercial and private owners, and most recently a tidy setup on a well prepped for play 110.

Even though they are based in Inverness they can supply from stock or even machine/manufacture what cant be got off the shelf

You'll get them on 01463 220 888 and ask for Peter, pick his brains.... it'll be fine

Callum