Overlanding Africa

Cello

Currently planning a trip across Europe, through the Middle East and down Africa to Cape Town for some time during 2012.

Interested in teaming up with another vehicle(s) for part or all of the journey, in no rush to complete the trip and would like to share the planning (e.g.Departure Date, Countries and Cities and places to visit), preparation of both vehicles and crew, etc. that is involved with a trip of this nature.

If you interested would be good to hear from you?

• 3 months later...

Currently planning a trip across Europe, through the Middle East and down Africa to Cape Town for some time during 2012.

Interested in teaming up with another vehicle(s) for part or all of the journey, in no rush to complete the trip and would like to share the planning (e.g.Departure Date, Countries and Cities and places to visit), preparation of both vehicles and crew, etc. that is involved with a trip of this nature.

If you interested would be good to hear from you?

Hi I`m new to the forum so only just seen your post. When are you thinking of going? I`m hopeing to go around August next year. I`v a Disco TD5 and I`v purchased a Sankey trailer to make it into an Overlander.

Regards Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I am actually just in the first throws of planning a trip to SA/Botswana and Namibia but shipping the 130 down to Durban then back from Namibia. As it seems the ferry is cheaper than taking the one to Spain!! Obviously we would also have to add the flights but thats what airmiles are for.

Have fun on your trip you will meet loads of Overlanders on the way.

TJ

I could be wrong but some parts of the Middle East, right hand drive cars are not allowed across the boarders, Saudi being at least one.also all the racing we do out in the UAE ive never seen a right hand drive car even the english ones are left hand drive.Julian

KSA and I believe Oman have a right hand drive restriction, but saying that, I know people that have done it recently in a RHD car with no problem or questions asked. (If you are going through KSA and are taking your missus, you also need to be married or she'll have to walk behind the car)

Your route down will probably be taking you through Syria, Jordan and Egypt though, where there are no restrictions.