Synergy 2

richie1893

OK, I got myself one of those Synergy 2 Modules. Plugged in the Tuning upgrade side and wanted to do the MAF sensor plug as well but can't the the thing out. Well I left the MAF plug and refitted everything I took of to fit MAF plug and Tuning plug and took it out for a drive. First impressions? Impressed, very impressed. Took it for a drive on normal A roads and then on to dual carriageway. The drive is so much smoother and I now don't have time to read the first 10 pages of the paper while waiting for speed to pick up. If I hadn't watched the speedo I would have been doing 100+ no problem. You the variuos settings and I have only used black 5 (high torque, high power). Which is the best setting for better fuel consumption or is that based on how you drive. I don't rag the car. Its main use is commuting and occasionaly pulling our horse trailer (the main reason for Synergy as it had no guts pulling off with trailer on the back)

Anyway, back to the MAF plug. I've had a look and there is a clip either side of the plug. Looking at them you pull them out to remove plug, or am i wrong. Either way it ain't coming out. Anybody got any ideas? I want to get this thing fitted.

Got it, I was trying to pull on the wrong part of the plug. Well its all fitted now and what a difference. More than happy. Just got to check the fuel consumption. I am doing the 1/4 tank test. 1/2 - /1/4 tank. Before any changes to filters and valves I was looking at 90 miles to the 1/4 tank. After changing filters and valves I was up 95-100 miles to 1/4 tank. Now with Synergy fitted I am over 100 miles. That is on level black 5 on the Synergy settings. Don't want to do the full tank test as it's just too expensive to fill. Still got more runs to do to confirm. But overall I am more thatn happy.

It's got some spring clips holding the plug on. You can put a small screwdriver between the housing and the plug to lever one side and and press in with your finger as normal on the other, then just pull it up.<br>