8274 brake cir-clip dimension

bow

having trouble finding a cir-clip for the brake on my standard 8274, no one seems to stock them, been to all the useual, devon, gigglepin and so on, i only want a sodding cir-clip, warn will only supply as part of a kit at £75, can any one measure one and give me the figures, then i'll go source a load,

finding this is a common problem, so if i can get them i will, and put them out at cost plus postage

thanks all,

Bow..

The ID is 24.3 mm and it's 2mm thick, OD is 30mm - or at least that's what the one I have in my spares box measures.

They are probably not required that often these days as the GP upgrade negates the need for them.

remember it is not a standard circlip. One side is flat and one in dished!

If all else fails bow I will have one kicking about some where or in stock!

But if your winch hasn't got one on maybe it has let go at some point, if this is happened some times they just dont like staying on any more, so maybe add a spec of weld when you fit the clip.

D

well after a busy night stripping the winch a bit further i've fond a few more problems with it, the small neadle bearing on the end of the mainshaft is shot, guess at some stage this had an external cap that is long gone, will call gigglepin again in the morning to see if its available,

think i might spend a bit of time on the lathe and turn up a retaining cap simular to gigglepins to hold the brake on, cant afford an upgrade yet,

thanks Dafydd and Dan, think i may as well do it right while i have it appart, its main purpose will be recovery not competeing so cant see it being over worked, only wanted an 8274 cause i'm a tart, will put my 9.5si on for now until i can get it finished propperly,

might take some pics for the forum as i do bits, plenty on pirate, but not on here,

thanks all, looks like its time to spend some money ..

Thanks all..

Bow..

Um,

if you search the part number on the internet and then put that into the Devon4x4 search bar you shall find it, try searching 'warn circlip' in there search

I know this for sure as they delivered 2 to me Yesterday.

Or, it is amazing what the power of words are. Just pick up the phone and ring them and they would be able to put some in the post the next day for you.

This is the circlip on devon.

http://www.devon4x4.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11672&category_id=-2&keyword=warn+circlip&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14

James

thanks James, i never knew that section existed, looked on the site under warn section, phone call was going to be last resort, winch is totally stripped now, just waiting on my parts then I'll re-build it,

thanks, :P