Brake Drums

richie1893

Hi folks, Just ordered myself some new after market brake drums for my Freelander. Mine were looking a bit tatty with rust bubbles etc. I took them off to clean up but after about an hour gave up, so decided to order some on-line from a supplier. I was given the option of Original Landrover or after market.Imagine my shock and almost heart failure when I was quoted £300+ per original landrover drum!! Are they gold plated?! I went for the after market option at £60.00 a set. Its a blinking brake drum (done my own editing). Nothing technical on it, so why the huge price?

Wire brush on a grinderette and some black Hammerite is cheaper still!

I was surprised last week at the Bearmach price for a front Caliper - £90 for an exchange one. Should have checked other motor factors on that I reckon.

:-(

Fitted new rear drums and shoes a month or so ago for the same reason and also bought non genuine. I sprayed the drums with heat resistant black stove paint as I thought that using a paint that wasn't heat resistant could end up with the paint bubbling.